Saturday, October 13, 2012

Why We Need Women

And so, because my wife is on maternity leave, and I work, she has been gracious enough to do the nighttime feedings during the weekdays. Ava is 7 weeks old now, and feeds every 2-4 hours at night. It's not too long- she'd gulp down that 2-3 oz in 5 mins, but to have do wake up and clear your head enough to actually do it, and then clear the bottle and go back to bed, can be a pain in the butt.
And so, bless her heart, that amazing women does all that without complaining, providing nourishment to our little munchkin.
On weekends, I try to be more helpful with the feeding. But here's my observation: I'm up 3 times at night only on weekends, but I mope around all day whining about how sleepy I am. Or I give her that look, one that says "Lookee here, I fed the baby last night, don't I deserve a gold star?"
Heh, what would I do without my woman?
Next: Let's compare men and women when they're ill smileys