Thursday, October 04, 2012

Fall

It's fall. And it's my wife's favorite season of the year. Me, I'm still not sure; I think every season has its pluses and minuses and I'm undecided if I actually have a favorite time. Maybe it's because I grew up in non-seasonal Malaysia, where things are the same year round (with the exception of the monsoon rains). And, as in my previous post- "autumm" has a different meaning in Malaysia, more so of a cultural event with the Moon Cake Festival.
But, that being said, I love the fall and what it brings.
Yellowing of the leaves, and how everything rustles under your feet
Those blustery cool days
Pumpkins, cinnamon
Halloween
Longer nights, shorter days
 
All leading up to Thanksgiving and the (dreaded) winter. For some reason, autumm sometimes makes me sad, too- I don't know why, but it seems to remind me of the end of things. That the summer, the year is wrapping up.
What is YOUR favorite season?