Monday, April 09, 2007

Girl's Best Friend

No, not talking about a gadget that runs on D batteries.
The boys had beer/movie night over the weekend. We rented Blood Diamond. Pretty good show about civil war and conflict diamonds from Africa (and I'm not even talking about Jennifer Connelly yet, rawl), albeit somewhat graphic and disturbing, how cutthroat the diamond trade is.
Kinda makes you wonder what the big deal is about diamonds.
I mean, why are some women drawn towards or even lust for them? I kinda wish that women wore coal on their rings instead of diamonds. I mean, carbon is carbon, right? So why must it be bling-bling?
Anyways. After watching the show, I'm deciding that my future wife will get a pearl or cubic zirconia instead. I don't want to be perpetuating the conflict diamond trade. Now I'll just have to try to sell her that idea.
Now, the real million dollar question is, can a woman tell apart a real diamond from those $19.99 cubic zirconia?