Sunday, May 27, 2007

Katrina Dreams

When I was in New Orleans earlier this year for medical relief work, the organizers showed us a music video of the disaster entitled 'Katrina Dreams', made to raise awareness of the Katrina aftermath. I'm glad I was able to finally find this online after months of looking.



I saw it again today, and it had the same impact it did months ago. My eyes welled up seeing what people had to go through, especially the baby in a cardboard box. I remember how it felt treating patients there. Far from the politics and complexities of medicine, just pure and simple doctoring and treating. It's why I decided on this career over a decade ago. And believe it or not, one of the patients I treated is on the video (he told me so, and was a prominent community figure).

I'm going to make this a permanent link on my blog.