Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Ah. The wonders of Sitemeter.
A blogger is able to track the number of hits daily, location, referral site. Heck, if you paid a small premium you'd even be able to track the IP address of the visitors, secretly view their webcams and even operate their electric toothbrushes.
With this, I've found numerous interesting blogs that linked me over the last year.
People have also stumbled upon my blog via search engines (Eg. keywords: Hunky Malaysia Doctor). But the one that takes the cake, really, came from this.

"Girls doing sex with 5 doctors"??? WTF? Dude, if you're reading this, you're more desperate than I am. (If you are a dudette: I seriously think you need professional help. Here, call my secretary and I'll be happy to see you)

Obviously, my next question was, what did my blog have to do with doctor-orgies? If there was something, someone else must have been secretly blogging here, coz I certainly had nothing to do with it (not that I wouldn't have wanted to).

On to another topic, have you ever had a song, any song (though you hope it's not something like Lemon Tree, or that theme song by Barney the irritating purple thing) just keep playing in your head? Something you heard, that you can't just shake off like dandruff? Not to be mistaken for that voice in your head telling you to do bad things to people because Mother is unhappy.

I'm currently experiencing that to the extent that I actually went online and 'obtained' the MP3. It came up the night before I left, when Mavis took me out to this cosy, really nice coffee place in Seremban for a drink (Coffee Mug). They were playing songs from the 80's (I've heard of all the wisecracks about my taste of music, thank you very much, so none of that), you know, from groups like Starship, Lionel Richie. And then, WHAM, one song really just sucked me in. So much that I actually asked the owner what song it was (he didn't know) and though it was time to go, made Mavis sit there with me until it was over. Heck, now that I have the song, I've been sitting on the potty in the mornings with my MP3 player.

I'll be there, by Escape Club.

I heard it last sometime last month on that late night cheesy sentimental radioshow. A love song, albeit a sad one. About love that endures, even through death. Something I deeply believe in, and something I share with my patients when they have to say the ultimate goodbyes. I believe loved ones are still close by even after they pass on.

".... I still care; I may have died, but I've gone nowhere..."

That got me thinking about songs I like. There are some songs that we associate with certain events, certain people, certain memories or feelings. Special unforgettable moments or characters. Love gone wrong. Chances missed. Words unsaid. Kisses. Fights. Anything. Everyone's got them. I've got a list too long to include completely, but they include:

  • Reflections of Passion- Yanni
  • Please Remember- Leann Rimes
  • When You Say Nothing at All- Alison Krauss
  • I Wanna be with You- Mandy Moore
  • Chances Are- Vonda Shepard & Robert Downey Jr.
  • Angel- Sarah McLachlan
  • Iris- Goo Goo Dolls
  • All for Love- this particular one brings back warm memories of my pals. Memories of our form 5 days.

You probably know what I'm talking about. Coz I know some of you visit my blog.