Saturday, May 28, 2005

Without going into detail (and don't ask) I think some people are really suckers for punishment. Perhaps some enjoy torturing themselves (the masochist), like the attention and to show off (the narcissist), or simply, don't know any better (the idiot).
I think I belong in the 3rd group.
On another note, I got an email from a patient of mine. Not really MY patient, someone I saw for another doctor in acute care. Saw her for something 2 weeks ago. And now she's emailing me with a list of other complaints/symptoms and requesting I respond. She works at the same hospital as I do, and therefore am able to obtain my email easily. This, with my out-of-office note that I would be out of country till early June.
I'm miffed. Mainly by how inconsiderate some people can be. I am after all on vacation. What, do people expect physicians to be at their mercy, 24/7 with no holidays? And she has her own doctor anyway. And I saw her for a totally different complaint, and do not really fancy e-diagnosing someone on the basis of emails.