Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Home (at last)

Home sweet home. That sticky muggy feeling despite having just had a shower. It's nice to be back.
The flight was painful. For some reason, more painful than usual. Departed Rochester Saturday 21st, local time 1250pm central time. Arrived KLIA Monday 23rd 1am central time. That kinda tells you something. What with the 5 hour transits in MSP, LAX. Ugh.
I was hoping that 10mg of zolpidem would help. And it did, but the problem was I had the aisle sit, and this youngish guy at window had a bladder the size of a peanut; he kept going to the lavatory every 30 minutes or so, until I actually asked him if he was ok (diabetic, perhaps? Or maybe just too much to drink?). We finally traded seats.
The 2nd problem was that I had 3 hyperactive kids in the row behind me. They each probably had a gallon of Mountain Dew and 10 sugar cubes each for breakfast. Were just talking, laughing, screaming loudly.
"Mommy, we're flying!" Thought this was cute, until he said it the 1587th time.
The other one, had this uncanny sense of patriotism at 38,000 feet: "I pledge allegiance, to the flag of the United States of America..."
Almost made me want to stand up and salute.
But, long as it was, I got back in one piece. Albeit a 1 1/2 hour delay. Went immediately for food!
My jetlag kicked in early in the evening and I crash. Which explains why I'm wide awake now at 530am.