Tuesday, August 11, 2015

New Toy

OK, I'll admit, part of me feels a bit guilty.

After all, a person in healthcare should not take pleasure in killing living things, should he? Isn't that a sign of antisocial personality issues?

But man, this has been one of my more fun purchases from Amazon:

All fathers will attest to this I'm sure; kids just somehow can't learn to turn off lights, fans, or close the screen doors. And because of the latter, we have flies infiltrating our house on a daily basis in the summer. And so I recently decided to get this electric fly zapper from Amazon. Something my wife hadn't heard of before, but pretty commonplace in Malaysia.

Well, let's just say I've probably already killing a generation of flies. At least 30- I kid you not- in the last couple of weeks. And there's some gleeful pleasure in hearing that "pop" when you finally catch that sucker in the wires (sadistic, I know. Maybe I should have become a pathologist). And yes, I use this only on flies.