Wednesday, May 27, 2015

9 years

Oh, how time flies.
We made a short Midwest road trip last week. Visited friends in WI and MN. And amongst the stops we made, we stopped at our alma mater- it brought back floods of memories checking out our old hang out places, even drove past my old rental home of 5 years.
Anyway, we also made a stop the the Minnesota Science Center. This was special for several reasons, the main reason being this was where Kristin and I went on our 2nd date 9 years ago, almost to the day! They had a Bodyworlds exhibit then, and so we checked it out. We also walked about the center, and took a picture sitting on the erythrocyte-modelled chair.
Then and now- (sighhhh)
 

 
My wife has threatened me with bodily harm should I post any then and now pictures of her- and because I value my family jewels I shall not do so.
But boy- it did make us realize how time flew by. Our first date in 2006, engaged in 2007, married in 2008. And now here with two beautiful girls who act like crazed monkeys. Professionally, it also reminded us of how we grew. From my first day at my alma mater in 2002, then fellowship in 2005 and graduation and practising as a consultant in 2008. It was a bonus too that it so happened that a fellow graduate and good friend from Singapore was making a 2 week visit for a clinical observership- and when he saw on my Facebook page we were there, he texted me and we were able to meet up and reminisce about the old times and the crazy things we did.
Life now is at a different pace. Work, family, all the grownup things like taxes, bills, mortgages and life insurance. But once in a while, it's nice to visit those earlier years in my dreams.