Friday, April 22, 2011

The trip back

Goodbyes are always difficult, but it was nice to have family and a group of friends come and see you off. And as always, mom's tearducts got a bit hyperactive (and after 13 years too!), especially when Alli was waving Bye-bye to her. But, we finally made it. 31 hours total, with the 4 flights and 3 layovers. This time round, though the journey was long, Alli did a lot better. She didn't fuss at all, and seemed to enjoy the ride. She slept most of the way, which allowed us to finally enjoy the facilities, and perhaps a glass or two of champagne.

And though this sounds weird, I swear I'm not making this up: The satay served on the plane is pretty damn good. So good that I'd say it's even better than the stuff from Kajang! (except Kajang satay tends to be fattier- which also adds to the flavor, and the atherosclerosis).



It was so good that I had 3 plates of this. Hey, I figured if this is going to last me for a year or two, why not indulge?


As the plane headed to Taipei, we flew over the city, and I thought I'd share this shot I took:


Hope I get over the jetlag before I start work Monday.