Saturday, April 16, 2011

Textbook Chapter

Finally, it's out.

The book in which I authored one of the chapters. The publisher sent me a copy of the book the other day right before I left. It's always gratifying to see your work come to fruition. Except these things sometimes take too long. Not that I have a ton of publication experience, but journal manuscripts take at most 4-6 months to be published from the time they accept it. Textbooks on the other hand...

This marks my 2nd textbook chapter. My first was some very dry EBM-type garbage that would put an insomniac to sleep (hah). This project was more appealing to me when I was invited to contribute. I wrote this in the 2nd year of my fellowship, back in 2007. And this is only coming out now, 4 years later. I was beginning to wonder if it would ever be published.

If you're ever looking for a book with scary bedtime stories/pictures, go check it out!

(and no, my dears, I don't get a single cent. The work was done out of professional/academic courtesy)