Thursday, June 28, 2007

It's done. I've formally signed my contract and FedEx-ed it back to my future employers. It's a bit unnerving, coming from a training environment where everything is more or less fixed, and someone's always supervising you, to going out into the big bad world to work.
This is for a nice 7-endocrinologist group somewhere in the Midwest. I've interviewed there twice, and like my future colleagues. The salary's pretty good, and they treat physicians fairly well. And the city's going to be 6 times bigger than this place, which is a bonus. Though the medical center's incomparable to here, it will suffice. Then again, no where will compare to what one is used to.
I had my attorney look over my 15-page contract and compensation offer, and things looked good. And so, there it is. Come August 2008, that will be my new home (if you're wondering why I won't stay here after fellowship- long story. Basically, visa restrictions).