Wednesday, June 20, 2007

New club?



If I didn't know better, I'd have thought that this was a new, trendy modern bar or club or something. Psychedelic colours, modern art, Van Gogh-like geometry.
This is our new Pediatric Center, which held its grand opening today and will open to patients on July 16. The center was designed with children in mind, and its natural themes and features create a calming atmosphere designed to instill a sense of well being and to aid in healing. Funded by a generous $15 million donation, center's opening today included live music, dancers, demonstrations by the nature society and even a butterfly tent.
Makes me wanna be a kid again. I shudder when I think about the Dettol-scented asylum-white kelinik I frequently when I was a child. The hard plastic seats were always too cold.
This, on the other hand, would make a kid WANT to see the doctor. Now, it wouldn't be too shabby working here too; the exam rooms and offices were sweet.