5 Things You Didn't Know About Me
- Before the glory days of me becoming a physician the likes of Dr. McDreamy, I worked as a a bellboy/doorman at a hotel. Yes, doorman. Except that in keeping with Negeri Sembilan's (my home state) heritage that hotel made me wear a f*cking Hang Tuah (err... how does one describe him to foreigners? Historical Malaysian ninja-hero?) costume (no disrespect to our historical figures). Complete with headgear. No, not with a songkok, but with a blardi tengkolok the size of my head! My friends would visit the hotel just to see and laugh at me.
- I was (still am?) a real mommy's boy. Would cry whenever we went out, was homesick when I went to school. Heck I almost cried during my first camping trip (when I was 13!). I was the last person on earth my family would have expected to have gone abroad for medical school, and subspecialty medical training. Gawd, 9 years so far....
My car's name is Veronica. I'm a clown(Guess you ALL know that) I'm a 30 year old virgin. Bwahahaha. Okay, okay, something more believable
- I had a close encounter with the Grim Reaper when I was 7 or 8. At a Hari Raya visit, I loved the beef rendang so much that the makcik gave me some to eat in the car. Except one chunk was a wee bit too big even for a tubby kid's big fat mouth/throat. I started choking in the car. I still remember the feeling, being unable to talk, to breath, my diaphragm going into spasms making an almost squeeking-like noise. Thankfully Uncle Jimmy who was in the car, made my dad pull over, doubled me over and started slapping on my back. After several hits, I coughed up the goomba. Now, if only he had done it a few seconds earlier, I might have spared some brain cells and actually be smart today. But yea, I swore off beef rendang after that (for a week).
- So you think you're all macho and brave just because you have a tattoo and a nose-ring? Big farking deal. I had my schlong skewered. Twice! In one side, out the other. Kinda like a weiner on a satay stick. Thank God I was too young to remember. Just remember to not stand beside me at the urinals... (and FYI I am fully 'functional', if you have to know).
- I have a massive crush on Sharon 'Boomer' Valerii. Even my girlfriend's given up on this. Yes, THAT Sharon. I have a thing for 1) Chicks in flightsuits 2) Chicks with spaceguns 3) Chicks in flightsuits with spaceguns, especially if they're half human, half Cylon. And that the Cylons have infinite clones of her is just the cherry on the icing (does anyone know where I can buy a BSG flightsuit for my girlfriend?)
Teej (just coz her blog's brand new!)
George Bush (who says the President can't have a blog?)(maybe he reads mine...)