Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I've been abusing Kristin. My own mother would be ashamed of me. Such shameful behaviour. And, of all people, by a physician. Sometimes I just need to remember that I'm no longer single, and can't do the things I used to do. Having a partner changes things. Can't take certain liberties for granted anymore.

Scenario 1:
Me: Babe, would you like some toast with jam for breakfast?
Kris: Sure.
Me: Hmm. Can't seem to find the expiry date on this jar of jam. How long do these things last anyway? (I believe this has been in my fridge since the days Helen and Nick were here)
Kris: They should last forever, no?
Me: Ok.
5 minutes later...
Kris: That was good, thanks.
5 hours later, I notice (in fine print) :

Expiration April 4 2006

Scenario 2:
Me, about to leave for work: Babe, help yourself to the cereal for breakfast, ok? Milk's in the fridge....

But what I didn't realize- A picture says a thousand words:

I mean, this is unacceptable treatment for a girlfriend. Totally acceptable way to treat a sister, but certainly not my girlfriend (Yen... would you like some milk? ).
No wonder I came home from work 2 days ago and found she had shopped for groceries for me (thanks, babes)