Friday, March 31, 2006

To Tattoo or Not to Tattoo?

Okay, I admit. I've been thinking about hurting myself recently.
But no, not what you're thinking.
A tattoo. I've been toying with that idea for 2 years.
Partially because I'm stupid enough to think they look cool.
Partially because I want to break the preconceived notion that all doctors are nerdy goody-goody-two-shoes types. And partially to remind myself of the strength that lies within, something I sometimes forget in bad times.
And while my dermatology (and other sane friends) tell me to not go for it, this one psychiatrist friend of mine who's had 4 tattoos already is really pushing me to go for it. She even showed me the tattoo of a sun on her left boob.
I figured if I ever get one, it will be on my right arm. So, Let me know what you think.
(And no, I haven't yet committed to having one done.)




Click here to vote!

12 Comments:

Blogger FaEzHussain said...

I would think the no3 fits better if you put it on your forearm, so it gonna be like a free advertisement.
:),only then people will know lor..

I guess you might have seen people who tattooed their knuckles, one side LOVE, the other HATE. Ever thought of doing that? :D

Been reading your blog for a while... niceeeeee.

2:17 AM  
Anonymous mayan said...

i've been toying with the idea too.. very tempted, but too scared! also thought about a umbilical ring.. but too fat for that, so thinking about a tattoo.. sort of right lumbo-sacral sort of area.. i think u should get no.1!! go for it!! :)

8:32 AM  
Anonymous anastasia said...

Get the phone number one since you've already admitted many times that you're desperate. Lol.

faezhussain: I think I'd run far far away if my dr had such a tattoo...

8:54 AM  
Blogger Mar said...

I totally would get one...I too have been dreaming of a tattoo so original yet very me. But, I just can't get myself taking that step. I am a tattoo "virgin". Oh but I droole on the thought of getting one. So, go for it!!! For my sake do it!
Get a DRAGON...but be creative make your own dragon that represents you!

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Catlover said...

NO!! Don't "spoil" yourself with something permanent that you will regret later!!

Like Faez, I too have been reading your blog for a while ... interesting..

7:17 PM  
Blogger IML said...

AS long as you can live with this for the rest of your life, I see nothing wrong. no.3 is a bad choice 20 year down the road.

7:23 PM  
Blogger A Fellow Traveler said...

it's ur bod, so u decide lar.

having said that, on a personal level, i wouldnt wan my man 2 hv a tattoo....:)

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tattoo away's what i say... just as long as you make its somewhere where it's can be easily hidden. Not everyone is as accepting of a tattoo as you are.

But i don't think dragon's a good idea either.. too scary.. i personally like micky mouse.

I just came across your blog by accident but this looks very interesting...

5:12 AM  
Blogger dentist@work said...

dun do anything stupid that u might regret 20 years down the road. Unless it's somethin macho... definitely not that mickey mousey!

Hi! Just a passer-by, I think ur blog is so very interesting!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Chen said...

I voted..
option No 5 --> Don't get a tattoo :P

8:51 AM  
Blogger eMRCPian said...

phone no tattoo, cool!

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no3 shouldn't last long, unless you are planning on zero commitment for life.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home