Sunday, November 13, 2005

Goodbye

I just can't take it anymore.
I'm sorry.
I'm sure you never planned it this way. Neither did I. But it's clear, we just don't get along. And sometimes, instead of prolonging the pain and suffering, it's best to go our own way, and to find others.
The way you've become so unreliable. Breaking down when I needed you most. Freezing up.
Yes, I do love how you look. And how you feel on my hands. But this just isn't worth it anymore.
I'm sorry.
I'm sending you back to Palm to have you exchanged for a new one.
Will keep you readers updated. I just had to send it back. After having to reset it 30 times since I bought it, I figured this wasn't normal. We'll see if the replacement Palm TX is more reliable. I'm just concerned that because this is so new on the market, this is an inherent problem with them all. A colleague seems happy with his TX though. So perhaps my new one will work better.