Sunday, August 14, 2005

Satay Night

In a moment of reckless bravado, we decided to do a satay night. Surprisingly, it came out ok. In fact, I thought it was pretty good for something we made ourselves. CE made the satay sauce, something her granny taught her.
"Family secret." Meaning she'd have to shoot me if she told me the recipe.
Me, got the satay recipe from Kuali, combined with stuff I got from my Thai cook book. Nice small group of friends. Could definitely tell summer is nearing its end; there was a chill in the air as the sun was setting.
Let's hope everyone doesn't end up in the ER for food poisoning tonight. Come to think of it, that WOULD be pretty funny. 4 internal medicine docs, a pharmacist, a PhD student and a cardiac surgeon, all going in at the same time. All from Malaysia/Singapore.