Friday, July 15, 2005

Chest 2005!

I got Chest 2005!! One of my final papers in residency was accepted for the big Chest conference in Montreal! I'm thrilled, naturally. This happens to be one of the more prestigious pulmonary and critical care conferences in North America, and automatically includes an abstract publication in the journal.
Problem is, I'm not sure my division would let me have the time off. Nor would they provide funding, as technically I co-authored that paper as a resident, in my medical ICU rotation, and this was a rare case of a urea-cycle enzyme deficiency presenting in late adulthood. So, I'm almost expecting to not be able to go to beautiful Montreal in November, and will likely get my 2nd author to present the slide instead.
We'll see. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Certainly a welcome piece of news, especially with how messed up my other issues are currently. Am in the midst of transitioning into fellowship, and on top of that, struggling from a major case of stupidity for which I'm trying to knock some sense into myself.