- How a doctor who was infected deteriorated so quickly, that he was sending SMS's to his wife every couple of hours. 1st message: I'm not feeling too well, I'm just gonna stay home. 2nd message: I'm feeling pretty bad, I'm going to the hospital. 3rd message: They say they're going to have to intubate me (He died soon after).
- About how they were strongly advised to write out last wills and testament.
- How they were so afraid of bringing back infections that they stayed away from family and loved one.
- How a young doctor (one of my friends tonight knew him personally) died despite loving care at home by his mother, also a physician. She got infected and died soon after.
- How it felt like a battlefield for them, how they had to use masks, gowns, etc.
My hats off to these guys. While I don't envy that experience, and although they flash no badges or carry guns or make a big thing out of it, they're heroes.