Wednesday, December 22, 2004

3 Days to Christmas...

Oncall again today.
Boy, don't think I'm prepared for X'mas. Not mentally, anyway. I don't know, maybe it's just the thought of the year ending.
Darn darn darn. I think I'm getting burnt out, as I seem to be finding a lot of things to whine about these days.
For one, it's frustrating to me to see how the new doctors are being trained. People who do so much research, have publications and stuff like that. But they don't know squat when it comes to evaluating someone clinically. My interns think I'm crazy when I tell them I hear a mid-peaking systolic ejection murmur with a loud S2 and good pulses, and therefore the aortic stenosis is minimal. And they're amazed when the echo proves me right, but their excuse is, "Oh, with echos, we don't need to know all that."
At this crazy place, with more MRI machines that ALL of Malaysia, this may be true, but still... they're DOCTORS, darn it, whatever happened to the physical exam?
Another thing, I'm getting pretty tired of how superficial things are here. Without going into too much detail, I miss those deeper friendships my friends and I share back home.