Sunday, January 01, 2017

2017

Happy New Year!
I can't believe how in a blink of the eye, a year's ended and another's begun.
2016 seemed to have been a bittersweet year. We've had many good memories, but also lost a good friend to illness, and my daughter broke her forearm (though thankfully in her usual manner bounced right back). Work had many challenges, with me many a times asking if I was on the right career path.
It'll be interesting to see what's in store for 2017. The younger one will be starting kindergarten (surreal!) and we'll be starting the year off with our trip to Malaysia, the first trip for the girls in 3 years. It's also the year I need to recertify for endocrinology- apparently I took my boards almost 10 years ago (!).
I'm also morbidly curious, and cautiously optimistic about the country under the presidency of a businessman bully- but until we give him a chance to do good, it's premature to judge. I'm also still and holding out for the goodness of man, the hope that good triumphs over evil- I'm afraid of what the next major terroristic event or genocide or slaughtering of fellow humans will entail, all done in the name of religion or politics or money. It seems like the news these days spread little cheer. And so, I'm hoping that 2017 will have more happy, inspiring events worldwide, and less selfishness and sadness.
Here's wishing you readers, wherever you might be and whoever you are, a happy, healthy year in 2017/