Monday, August 12, 2013

Perseids Shower

So I was stupid enough the other night to get up at 3:30 AM on my Sunday morning. No, wasn't oncall. And the baby was asleep.
I got up to try to catch some shooting stars, and take a picture of Jupiter. Haven't yet had the chance to do that as Jupiter is up usually during the day, and sets well before sunset. Which leaves me the option only of early in the morning.
Never mind that I was dead tired for the rest of the day, but I'd say it was worth it. I saw 6 shooting stars that morning before sunrise. And even managed to snap a not-too-brilliant meteorite in picture (see that faint line in the top portion?), but hey, it was my first time.
 
 
And though I didn't quite get to see the Great Red Spot of Jupiter, I saw two major cloud bands and at least 3 of her moons.
 
Maybe someone can tell the wife I'm needing a more powerful (and expensive) scope?