Monday, July 30, 2012

So, Kris is 36 weeks now. At her last OB checkup, she's already 2 cm dilated, ang 50% effaced. Uh oh. Getting close.
And so, I was naturally anxious when I saw M's name on my patient list today. She was my 10:30AM appointment, follow up of her prolactinoma.
When she walked into clinic, the first thing I said was, "I hope you're not going to bring me trouble..."
It was two years ago when I saw her for an 8:00AM appointment, when I got the call from my wife: I'm in labor, get your butt here.
And so, seeing her again today with us being so close to our due date, made me ansy. I carried my cellphone in my breast pocket, in case my wife called me again.
But no, thankfully, I did not get any urgent phonecalls. And as I sent M away and showed her the door, we both breathed a sigh of relief. She giggled as she wished me luck.
Another 4 weeks? I'll be surprised if we can last 2.