Sunday, June 24, 2012

Happy Birthday, Princess!

I can't believe our troublemaker Princess turns two today!
2 years!
2 years ago this day, we were blessed with the most precious little thing. It didn't seem that long ago when, I was seeing my 8:00 AM prolactinoma patient, when my wife called me from the hospital: "I'm 4 centimeters and fully effaced. Get your butt here stat!"
Fatherhood is such a beautiful, strange experience. You hold your daughter, and think to yourself that no one else in this world could possible have as much as you do, not because you have more material wealth, or fame, but simply because of that little person you are holding.
You feel like you are the most blessed person on Earth.
I'm sure all fathers feel like that of their children. So it's true; the most priceless of things, aren't things at all.
Happy 2nd Birthday, our precioud little pumpkin!