Monday, May 12, 2008

Off to Disney World!

Woo Hoo!
Kristin and I leave for Orlando, Florida tomorrow, for Walt Disney World an endocrinology conference (AACE). I'll be presenting some data from our expedition to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.
This is the first time she's been able to take time off to travel with me, so we're looking forward to it.
This should be a good meeting, though, sad to say, I'm expecting the attendance to be pretty dismal.
I mean, the meeting is IN Disney World. Orlando, Florida. Who in his right mind would spend the day cooped up in a stuffy, windowless conference hall, when you could be out frolicking in the sun with Mickey and Goofy and Ariel the mermaid (yum yum)?
My colleagues haven't so much as said anything about their research presentations as which Disney Parks they want to go to.
Though we've been looking forward to this for months, I feel guilty as through some miscommunication my parents fly in to the US 3 days before we get back. So some friends have graciously agreed to pick them up from the airport and drop them off at my place (Sorry, mom and
dad. So much for being a prodigal son!).
It's pretty magical, how being in Disney makes one regress a few decades. The first time I went was when I took my parents there 4 years ago. I was jumping and skipping around, excited to be taking pictures with Goofy! I guess there is a kid in every one of us.

We'll be back Sunday. Till then, toddle-loo!