Sunday, May 21, 2006

Tour de Cure



Dear Friends and Family,
I recently accepted the challenge of cycling in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure fund-raising event. I am taking part in this event because I believe in and support the Association's mission: to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
You, too, can help by supporting my fund-raising efforts with a generous contribution. Your tax-deductible gift will make a difference to more than 20 million Americans who are affected by diabetes and another 40 million who are at risk for developing diabetes. It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make your donation online by simply clicking this
link.

My boss let me off the hook.

"It's for a good cause. And we deal with diabetes in our line of work anyway..." I said.

So, I've committed to biking 32 miles (51.5 km) on June 3. So, since I'll be risking life, limb AND the family jewels (we all know what damage them bike seats can do to delicate body parts, don't we?) the least you, dear readers, can do is to contribute to my team's fundraising. And no, we don't see a single cent. In fact, I had to PAY to participate and bust my balls (pun intended). So, any contributions (monetary, or private massages after I suffer from heatstroke) welcome.

Think of it as money well-spent. You get to have me bike in spandex tights. So think of it as the dollar bills you slip onto a stripper's (me) bikini. And as a special for my blog readers, if my blog raises more than US$200 you get a topless picture of me. So, come on...