Monday, April 24, 2006

B-O-D-O-H

Some guys are proper idiots.
They get burnt. Sometimes stepped on. Taken advantage of. Often, as in my case, it's self-deserved.
Yet, despite it all, despite the nagging feeling that it's sometimes best to walk away and cut your losses, some idiot guys just go back for more punishment. Hypnotized, under a spell, like those bugs flying around one of those electrified bug-zappers. Like masochists who are too blind to see what they're doing to themselves. Because, sometimes no matter how dang-hard you try (or perhaps one tries too hard) there ain't nothing you can do about it. If the girl thinks you don't look good enough, or aren't eloquent enough, or don't make enough money, or whatever else, then there ain't nothing you can do.
My friends and housemate are trying to hold me back from spending more money on someone else. I'm kinda dumb that way. I have trouble spending money on myself if it's not electronic. But, when it comes to spending on someone I really like, be it flowers, chocolates or gift vouchers for massages, I work on a very generous budget. And believe me when I say generous. When you're a single doctor making American Dollars, you can do a lot of damage. And, if allowed to, I've been known to keep blowing dough for up to 3 years. Especially on the girls who are not interested.
Someone told me I'm persistent.
I think the operative word is stupid.
Just a few days. Though I have this overwhelming temptation to go out and blow US$150 on a gift card for a local spa and flowers, I just need to fight this for a few days until I leave for Chicago.
In the meantime, I'm gonna rely on my friends to remind me how stupid I am. And hopefully, I'll refraint from making a bigger fool of myself.