Monday, February 21, 2005

Had another run-in with my infamous colleague. She told some lies about me to other people, and this came back to me only because a mutual friend thought it was strange that I would indeed say such things, and came back to clarify. Sigh. Why can't some people just cut the drama? The thing is, I've seen her 'stretch the truth' so many times that it just sickens me that she seemingly gets away with it. I suppose at the end of the day we have to face ourselves in the mirror. And our Karma.
On another note, saw a patient earlier today, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus some years ago. He's basically a vasculopath; history of AMI requiring PTCA (percutaneous transluminal coronary angiography) with stenting of his proximal and distal RCA. Hyperlipidemia. Still smokes 2 packs a day. And he's wondering why he had his heart attack in the first place. Dude!
So, to make things simple, I'm coming up with my list to give to patients.
How to tell if you're gonna die from a heart attack before 55
  • The amount of money you've spent on cigarettes in the last 10 years could buy you a car
  • Your basic food groups are: KFC, McDonald's, Burger King and Marlboro
  • Your idea of salad are those two slices of tomato in your Big Mac
  • If you get stabbed, you bleed fat
  • The last time you saw your feet was 10 years ago. And no, you didn't lose them in the Gulf War
  • Your lawyer is preparing to sue KFC on your behalf for getting you fat
  • Your childhood superhero is the Michelin Man
  • Exercise is walking to the refrigerator for a Coke
  • STRENOUS exercise is walking to the refrigerator for a Coke, and THEN reaching into the freezer for that ice-cream
  • You think a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 40 is normal