You Know You're Back in Malaysia When....
- Shortly after brunch, your mom asks what you'd like for lunch
- Your daughter complains that it's so hot that her "butt is burning"
- Everytime you want to activate the turn signal when driving, you instead turn on the damn windshield wiper
- When it rains, your jakun daughter who's never seen torrential tropical rain, goes out and sings and dances in the rain
- Suddenly everyone stares at you when you ask your kid loudly "Do you need to pang-sai?" (bad habit- no one in the Midwest understands this so I don't bother being discrete with this anymore)
- You're hot, sticky and sweaty 5 seconds after a shower
- The drivers are all maniacs
Food-wise, I've had satay, nasi lemak, siew pau, dim sum, peking duck, chili crab, roti canai, roti telur so far. A lot more ground to cover. I'm expecting to gain at least 3 kgs in the next two weeks.