Saturday, May 04, 2013

The day of reckoning

I left Malaysian in 1998. Have since spent over a decade between Canada and the USA. But the saying that you can take the boy out of Malaysia, but you can never take the Malaysian out of the boy, hasn't been truer than today.
It's Sunday in Malaysia. Thousands of miles away, I am glued to social media sites, reading updates every minute. I am pacing the floor, anxious. I am outraged reading about the ploys and the tricks some resort to. And when dad sent me a picture of his finger after he voted; the amazingly undefeatable indelible (invisible) ink:
 
Malaysia, though we are far away, many of us still proudly call ourselves Malaysian, and wish the best for you. I pray for a peaceful elections, and that the party and its selfish goals that has been poisoning the nation and dividing her people will finally be toppled. I hope to wake to up good news tomorrow morning.