Things You Do As A Parent
- Taking partially chewed food out of my mouth and feeding it to my daughter. In public, no less
- Instead of peeking into her diaper to see if she had taken a dump, I'd pick her up to nose level and take a sniff at her butt. Yup, just like the dogs do.
- When she gives me a partially eaten ice cream cone with all her slobber, instead of throwing it in the trash I just eat it up without giving it a thought.
- Using my shirt sleeves to wipe boogers and snot off Alli's face.
- When she finds weeks-old cereal in her car seat and offers it to daddy, I pop it into my mouth without a thought. Never mind that she had been sitting on it.
- Handwashing her clothes that had been stained by her blowouts. Even those very juicy, green ones from her first year.
- Kissing her smelly little toes when she gets a little ouwie from stepping on a rock and wants some TLC