Monday, June 06, 2011

Shopping

The meeting is going well. My brain has expanded a bit since Day 1, from all those lectures (or maybe from all that food?). Anyhow, I ran into some Malaysian endocrinologists at the meeting. Yes, how I ran into them with 10000 attendees, I don't know. But I do have a bad habit of chatting people up when I hear a familiar Malaysian accent.
It was their first visit to the US. And they heard I was somewhat familiar with Boston, their question was "Eh, where is good shopping, ar?"
Which got me thinking. When Malaysians come to the US, they shop like there was no tomorrow because 'things are cheaper here'. I know that's what my family does. But when overseas Malaysians like myself head back to Malaysia for a visit, WE go on a shopping spree because we think things are cheaper there.
So which one is it???

-- Sent from my Palm Pre