Wednesday, April 07, 2010

So I spent the night with the wife yesterday. In case you didn't know, she's doing her clinical rotations now and is out-of-town on the weekdays, only home for the weekend. But because I had today off, I decided to drive over (about 2 hours away) to spend the night with her. A bonus was I got to meet up with a buddy and his wife from our residency days. Never mind that that was back in 2002 (gawd, that makes you feel old).
Maybe I'm getting soppy. And maybe the rum has something to do with it (I had two shots tonight), but I did catch myself wondering who those who did long-distance relationships managed to pull it off. My wife (and baby) is only 2 hours away from me, and I get to see her every weekend, but as it is, I'm already missing her like crazy. Just having her around, her infectious, almost cackling laugh. And I miss feeling Shim (the baby) move; we've noticed that she gets pretty active at about 5 pm (and it's a pretty amazing feeling, feeling your baby move). But yea, just 2 hours away, and I already feel the way I do; I do wonder who those who are in long distance relationships do it, like my sister. As it is, we have a tough time Sunday nights when Kristin has to drive to XY to prepare for the week. And the dogs know it too; they mope for the next after hours after she leaves (they really do!).
Anyway, I'm babbling. I do miss her, and thankfully she gets home the day after tomorrow. I can't wait.