Friday, February 05, 2010

And the Award Goes to...

So, looks like most of you voted for baby girl, huh? 69% think we're expecting a girl.
Well, we went for the 18th week ultrasound today. Both Kris and I were staring and squinting at the realtime images, trying to see if we see the sex of the baby. I guess there's a reason neither one of us are in OB:
Us: "Oooo, is that the baby's eyes??"
Ultrasonographer:forum smileys "Uh, no. That's the heart (never mind that it was beating in all its glory)"
For a moment I thought I saw it. The family jewels. The stick and berries. The bird and the eggs. My heart nearly exploded with pride, seeing a long snake the length of the baby's arm.
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about!! Like father, like son!confused smileys
But no, as it turns out it wasn't some macropenis; that was the umbilical cord.
Finally the tech zooms in on the crotch area....
Yup, we're expecting a girl!! (which was what we were secretly hoping for all along, but didn't want to make it public)
So you readers were right!