Friday, January 02, 2009

2009!

A couple of days late, I know.
But I'm still in disbelief it's 2009. I'm finding that I keep writing the wrong year in my progress notes. 1/2/08.
If someone asked me to summarize 2008 in a word, I'd probably say 'Change'.
It has been a year of big changes.
The year I completed my 12 years of training and went into practice.
The year I married my dreamgirl (twice, actually. One in Wisconsin, and the 2nd wedding in Malaysia).
The year we bought a house, and moved into our very first home.
From student/trainee balding bachelor, to consultant (still balding) husband.
Yes, 2008 was a good year. Though 2009 doesn't quite have a nice ring to it, I'm optimistic that this will be a good year, too. And, the bonus was that we got to start the year with family (mom's here, others arriving in a few weeks) and good friends visiting from Minnesota. Playing Wii.
Never mind that in our old age we did a New York countdown (at 11 pm Central time) and were in bed before midnight here!