You Know You're Malaysian If:
Being a smalltown boy, dating a Midwestern American girl is quite a cultural exchange. Though I've been away from home for almost 10 years now, I realize at heart I'll always be a Seremban boy. How you know you're Malaysian:
- You feel like you need to start with the most expensive food groups at a buffet. Salad, drinks are just a waste of precious stomach space.
- You save and re-used old wrapping paper.
- You don't feel comfortable if you don't wash your butt after taking a dump.
- You know of at least 10 ways to cook Maggi mee.
- Between satay and black Angus sirloin, you'd pick satay anyday.
- You eat every grain of rice on your plate, for fear that your spouse will suddenly sprout a healthy crop of pimples.
- You grew up hearing the "Don't you know kids are starving in Somalia/China/Ethiopia/etc" nag when you didn't finish your dinner.
- You use toilet paper as a cheap Kleenex substitute.
- You need to shower at least once a day.