Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A request for prayers

We got the news tonight.
Buddy's PET showed that things have progressed, despite the chemo. Despite having had painful radiation therapy. We had a short, calm conversation just now. But frankly I'm not sure what to think or how to feel. And I'm sure they're going through a hell of a time.
Bud, one of the kindest souls I know. My roomate for 5 years, one of my best friends. The Best Man at our wedding last year. And for whom I shall be standing in as Best Man for HIS wedding this June.
Bud, the unassuming but extremely bright oncologist from Penang, who has dedicated his life to healing others. Engaged to another oncologist, to be married in 108 days. Who, at 29 years of age was diagnosed with Stage 4 esophageal cancer.
I've never considered myself particularly religious though I do believe in a Higher Power who oversees everything. That things in life happen for a reason.
Dear readers, I know I'm only getting ~150 of you daily, but if there is one selfish thing I can ask of you, please pray for TS. If at all you believe in miracles, please pray for one.