Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekend knick-knacks

We had a relaxing weekend. Made a trip to the Adel Sweet Corn festival, just to check it out. It was a short 20 min drive from here. Boy, we were impressed. Basically, you had truckloads and truckloads of super sweet corn, cooked and given away free.
Yes, free!
There were hordes of people, all enjoying the nice weekend weather, the numerous fair-type foodstalls and games were set up.
And corn being one of Kristin's favourites, she happily chomped away.
Though I had planned to not eat any (it's a real bitch to clean corn from braces) I finally relented after seeing how the people were just enjoying their 4,5 even 6 ears of corn.
I swear, I've never had corn that sweet before. The 5 mins of flossing was well worth it.
But I was happiest finding some corndogs there. It's ironic, an endocrinologist (who among other things treats cholesterol problems) wolfing down two corndogs. On another note, Chloe's growing quick into a cheeky little rascal. For whatever reason, she seems get get hyper several times a day. And no, as you can tell, she doesn't like baths.

Kristin's just gone home to WI for a few days to hang out with her family. So, for the next few days I'll be all on my own. Sniff sniff. So, feel free to send me some entertainment.