Sunday, September 23, 2007

Apple Picking!

We had a fun weekend. The weather was perfect, the sun was out. We went to a nearby apple orchard to pick some apples, a popular autumm activity. I'm embarassed to say this was my first time, despite having spent 8 years in North America (thank goodness for girlfriends!). And to think I used to think apples grew in the dirt, like potatoes.
We went with some close friends from Malaysia and Singapore.
You get bags, and just roam around the orchard, picking what you want. You pay $4 for a full bag. Tasting the apples is allowed, even encouraged. Gala apples, chestnut apples, Macintosh, Honey Crisp etc. My head was spinning: I thought apples came only in two choices- red or green. Eitherway, the kids and adults had fun. These orchards usually have activities for kids- we ran around the corn maze, jumped on haystacks, and got to see some farm animals.
We even picked our pumpkins, for the upcoming Halloween gettogether.



Here, piggy piggy piggy...

At the end of the day, Veronica (my car) was really dusty, because we had to drive on a dirt road to get to the orchard. Kristin wasn't too amused by what I wrote on my car.