Sunday, October 16, 2005

Of autumm leaves and lor mai kai...




I LOVE AMY BEH!
Never met that lady, but bless her heart. She's a lifesaver for the people so far away from home. The one thing I've been really itching for (okay, talking about food here, not members of the opposite sex. That's another story...) is lor-mai-kai. Glutinous chicken rice. Yea, you can find it here, but dang it, I don't like the Hong Kong style where it's anemic like its hemoglobin is 5.4, and utterly fat and taste-free.
No, I'm talking about the dark-brown lor-mai-kai, the ones that are dripping in lardy-lardy-lard, with a creamy-sweet taste. The ones that come with a waiver, and that you have to sign away your rights to sue them if you get a massive myocardial infarct taking your 2nd bite. Now, THAT's quality LMK!
And so, on a gorgeous autumm Sunday morning, I start off wanting to make lor mai fan. And then I decided to try doing a search for lor-mai-lai on
Kuali. Almost fell off my chair when I found the recipe. Compliments of Amy Beh. And not too difficult to make, too.
And so, ladeez and chanelmen, I present....


P/S: Needs more lard