Saturday, September 20, 2014

Football Practice

Or soccer, as these Americans would call it (after all, everywhere else in the world it's called football!).
And why do THEY call their version FOOTBALL anyway? They're always HOLDING their "Ball". And it's not even round, for God's sake.
Anyway, I digress.
Alli had her very first football (I'm being stubborn, but though I've been here 12 years I'm going to stick with my roots) practice today.
 It was great fun watching her. Though it was probably more amusing/frustrating seeing how she was so excited the night before that she wore her shinguards to sleep. But when she realized she actually had to work and run during the game, it quickly became "I'm so tired. I'm so hungry!"
Nonetheless, it was a nice Saturday morning for us- at least 50 families converged on the field for practice, with several games going on simultaneously. Though I was never into sports growing up (explains why I'm so short and unfit now), it's something I'd want my kids to enjoy.
Week 1 down. We'll see if the drama queen gets into it better next week!